Friday, March 9, 2012

Speedbo 2012 is up and running!


Have you heard about Speedbo yet? No?

If you have ever thought maybe, just maybe, you'd like to get that story out of your head and onto paper (or into the computer) someday, here's your chance.

Speedbo (aka "Speed Book") participants set a goal and write.

All through March we're writing.

Your goal might be 50 words a day or 1000 words a day. Maybe your life is frantically busy and you only have one day a week - that's fine.

Set a goal. Plan to meet your goal.

Make your goal...

Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Realistic
Time-bound

And then head over to Seekerville.net to join in the fun. Sign up and you'll be eligible for prize drawings, and hang around all month for the great tips and encouragement from the Seekerville community.

What have you got to lose? You have ZERO words now, right? Any progress from here on is a start on your story!

* * * * * * *

Of course, now you want to hear about my own Speedbo goals and progress, right?

My word count goal for the month was 55,000 words.

Gulp.

I wanted to push myself, stretch myself...and finish my WIP.

And I made this goal before we planned an out-of-state trip during the last week of March.

So how am I doing?

Well, since March 1st I've added 14,254 words to my WIP, so I have just over 40,000 words to go!

I need to be SMART though, right?

I write 5 days a week, and on that schedule I only have 10 more days to write before we leave town.

I normally write 2500 words a day. 

Do the math. 

I can either push myself to write the 2500 words a day while we're traveling, or I can change my goal, or I can try to increase my daily word count.

Or I can do all three.

I'll keep you posted!

Meanwhile, you can watch the progress of "Love Believes All Things" on the nifty word counter on your right (I started the month with 30,000 words already written).

And no, I don't really look like a prune. Or a grape. Or a California Raisin.

(Now that song is stuck in your head, isn't it?)
(And if it isn't, then enjoy your youth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment