Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Book Review: Swept Away by Mary Connealy


Mary Connealy’s newest release, Swept Away, is a gem! If you’ve read any of her other books, you know you’ll find “romantic comedy with cowboys” within the pages, but with this new book, the author goes a step further.

When Ruthy MacNeil is swept away by a flash flood that separates her from the family who raised her, she is rescued by Luke Stone…but Luke is on a mission of his own and has no time for a helpless woman. Luke soon finds out Ruthy is anything but helpless and welcomes her help as he fights to reclaim his land.

The book is filled with romance, danger, shooting, comedy and hard riding cowboys. What more can a reader want? I don’t want to give away the ending, but I know you’ll love it.

What pleases me most is to see Mary Connealy’s writing get better with every story. I’ve loved her writing from her very first book, but Swept Away holds a promise of wonderful things to come. Her stories remind me of some of my favorite great western writers of the past, Louis L’amour and Zane Grey.

I’m looking forward to the next book in the “Trouble in Texas” series, Fired Up, releasing September, 2013.

The publisher provided a free copy of this book for my unbiased review.

7 comments:

  1. Excellent post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more
    on this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thanks!

    Also visit my page fastest way to lose weight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter
    and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to
    her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched
    her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!


    Feel free to visit my webpage :: hip waist ratio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I simply want to offer you a big thumbs up for the great
    info you have here on this post. I am returning to your blog for more soon.


    My web-site; waist to hip ratio calculator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet blog! I found іt ωhile seаrchіng
    on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how
    to get listed in Yаhoο Νews?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you

    Also visit my site ... bet victor

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what you guys are up too. This sort of clever work and
    coverage! Keep up the excellent works guys I've included you guys to my blogroll.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog: pussyxxx.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like what you guys are up too.Yes!!! Great!

    ReplyDelete