Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Book Review: Inside Threat by Jason Elam and Steve Yohn


I admit it. I’m addicted to thrillers and suspense. And while I’m not real big on futuristic tales, there’s a compelling draw in the “it could happen tomorrow” type stories.

That’s what Jason Elam and Steve Yohn have given us in their new Riley Covington thriller, “Inside Threat”. Set sometime in the not too distant future, football linebacker and all-American hero Riley Covington thinks his career of fighting terrorists is at an end – until the newest attack puts him and the woman he loves in the crosshairs.

Spanning one week in September, the action of this book is fast paced. Multiple points of view give us a glimpse into the minds of the terrorists, as well as the men and women that make up the team of Special Forces that fight against them. Some scenes are violent and bloody, but serve to give a chilling foreshadowing of the terrorists’ intentions. All in all, “Inside Threat” is an exciting ride and a good weekend read.

“Inside Threat” is the fourth book in the Riley Covington series. I haven’t read the others, but I will certainly pick them up in the near future.

I was provided with a free copy of this book for my review by Tyndale House publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment