Monday, June 4, 2012

The Promise Kept!

 Whew! I think I’m finally catching my breath!







Let me catch you up with what’s been going on…

WAY back in August, Rachel Burkot, assistant editor at Love Inspired, was a guest on Seekerville.

You can read about her visit here:
                                                             Rachel Burkot's visit to Seekerville

If you read down to the bottom of the post, you may notice that the wonderful ladies of Seekerville launched a contest that day – the “Love Inspired Read-Me Contest”. It was one of those surprise contests Seekerville does so well, and 
                                                                      wonder of wonders, 
                                                                                                                  I was prepared!

I had three chapters of my story done
                                                                    (in fact, I had the whole thing, well, mostly done),

                      and I had a synopsis written. 


             


We had 24 hours to submit our stuff.











And I won.






MY FIRST CONTEST!!!


I was thrilled :)

But then Rachel Burkot asked me to send her my full manuscript :) and I was thrilled again.
 





And then she asked for revisions :) and I was thrilled again!


BUT,
there’s an interesting thing about the publishing business. 

The author is just one little cog in a huge machine. I sent my revised manuscript to Rachel in December, and waited. And waited.

I’m glad I already knew about being a little cog. The machine was working away, but I couldn’t see what was going on.

I wondered if Rachel had found it in her inbox,
                I wondered if she had sent it on to a Senior Editor, 
                              I wondered if I should revise it again while I waited…


But I took the advice of the Seekervillians again and started on my next book…
               
             






Flash forward to April. 

Out of the blue (seemingly to me) Rachel Burkot emailed me, asking for a proposal and a longer synopsis! 

In early May my wonderful agent called with the good news that Love Inspired was offering a contract!

                And another revision letter.

                I was more than thrilled.
               
Maniacal laughing thrilled!

Balloons and fireworks thrilled!!
 



Roll on the floor and bark out loud thrilled!!!






A forty-five year dream come true :) and… 

a promise kept…

                                  "The Promises We Keep" - my first blog post :)






4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!!!! I'm late in congratulating you! Welcome to the LI family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Missy! I'm thrilled to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, I know I've congratulated you in other places, but this is the first time I've read your whole, detailed story. CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this! Loved hearing the whole story!

    ReplyDelete